Ok, darn... so Terry is telling me that the exposiveness in a microwave oven of my charged water is due only to the small NaCl content. If 100% true, that makes it slightly less interesting in a way, but that does not account for the much greater amount of gas derived from this water during normal electrolysis (at least for a while). This is hard to document but we are working on it.

BTW - placing a one liter HDPE cell (aka "tupperware") on a magnetic stirrer (no stir bar, of course, as the cathode is centered) instead of on a large magnet gives significantly more turbulent action with the same low current through the cell - as one might expect. Anode is nickel mesh held against the container wall of the tupperware with plastic clothes-pins ... very high tech. Calling this one the "whirlpool".

This is to determine if electromechanical motion is itself significant in the precharging regime and Teflon is unnecessary (polyethylene is also very hydrophobic). Too early to tell.

If the mechanical motion is important, Richard could make this stuff in industrial quantities by adding some charging electrodes to his monster vortex machine. Wouldn't surprise me if this has already crossed his mind.

Jones

The water movement is being called "vortex" even through there is no "hole" - the flow appears to spiral out to the wall, break into eddies, go down, and come up again in the center - so the path of an average molecule would most likely be roughly a helix. One speculation is that any ordered macro-spin of water-movement could, over time, impart some level of microstructure (if it can be determined that electromechanical action is how the structural viscosity develops).

Still hopeful that Terry can make some unsalted BAM water ...