Terry Blanton wrote:

I was starting one of my small engines this weekend when I realized
that the fuel I was using and the "charged water" constituted the
ingredients for one of the bombs that were thwarted in London
(nitromethane and H2O2).

Does anyone know what nitromethane smells like? it would seem to me that it would have a strong chemical odor. What about the HTP? It would seem to me that it would be like my 2% HP on steroids. There's no mistaking it for water.

I read Chemistry of Powders and Explosives. The author mentioned liquid explosives developed by the French during WW I. I've forgotten the chemical names, but there would be no mistaking them for water, or moisturizing gel either.

I'm mentioning this because the TSA started confiscating all water and gels. Typical hamhanded bureaucratic response.

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---