Jed Rothwell wrote:

Jones Beene wrote:

JR As far as I know he does. He has not described the O2 in detail. It is not stochiometric; there is extra H2 because the O2 from electrolysis at the anode is separated out by the inverted funnel.

If it is not stochiometric then we can conclude that peroxides are being created in addition to the hydrogen evolved.

No, I mean it is not stochiometric because the oxygen from the anode is diverted out of the cell via another tube. During ordinary electrolysis, only hydrogen is captured. During pyrolysis a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen evolves from the cathode, under the funnel, and this is all captured. But if you ignite this effluent gas there will be some left-over hydrogen. (Mizuno does not ignite it or recombine it.)

- Jed

Interesting read. Mizuno has not controlled for a cold plasma. If some of the hydrogen is ionized to a proton plasma and some of the oxygen is ionized to O2+ or O3+ the result is a cold plasma of monoatomic gases. This was already discussed by William A. Rhodes http://www.keelynet.com/energy/oxyhyd1.htm [Note the Email address, he is still around ]. Yull Brown, who never acknowledged Mr Rhodes prior work, and others in the water fuel area discussed this discovery extensively for years but no one ever got peer reviewed because of Rhodes prior rights. If the plasma is kept from contact with an electron source it will remain a plasma. This depends on the geometry of the cell and the bubble size alot. Its lack of valence electrons prevents the formation of H2 and O2 or H2O, some OH formation is possible if water vapor is available. Because the plasma is monoatomic it will have 2 moles, to H+, of gas not 1 mole of H2. It will have double the volume. The same goes for the Oxygen. It will give volumes of 2190 cc not 1144 cc for the same absolute mass of hydrogen. Note 2190 cc is approximately double the expected volume. A charged plasma will occupy a greater volume than an uncharged H2 gas because of repulsion. This is why the measurements for the times when only the plasma was on is almost 3 times the expected volume. If a cold plasma is present it will be cold relative to other hot plasmas but will hold other energy; the enthalpy difference between two H+ and H2 and the enthalpy difference between a plasma of H+ and O3+ and H2O. H+ and O3+ as plasmas can also disrupt solid materials, bonds and latices causing them to SEEM to burn at strangely low temperatures. Or seeming to give the gas an incredible energy density. Rhodes gas/plasma is used by jewelers because it cuts and welds metals with out cooking adjacent gems. I could design a test cell to detect the plasma. A mass spectrometer will be totally confused by a cold plasma. No valence electrons, no spectrum. In some experiments two decades ago the gas killed the expensive spectrometers.

I need to send this stuff to Dr Mizuno does anyone have an email address?
The volume of good stuff on Vortex is getting huge; its becoming overwhelming. And I only work three days a week! :-P