OrionWorks wrote:
From Steve Lawrence

From Steven Vincent Johnson
From what I gather China is terrified of the disquieting possibility of
furthering the collapse of the regime.

China also is a rather extreme proponent of non-interference in the
domestic affairs of other countries.  That's been proposed as part
of the reason that China (and Russia) seem to oppose all action to
stop Iran from building their own nukes.

Non-interference? I beg to differ. You might want to take that up with a few
Tibetans.

Tibet is part of China, of course, and what China does with Tibet is all "internal affairs" of China. :-/

I don't believe the Taiwanese are any happier about China's
"meddling" either.

Taiwan is absolutely considered part of China by the mainland Chinese government, and United States arms going to Taiwan is the "meddling" which is taking place.

BTW, our family lived in Taiwan for three years back in the early 60's, when
ousted leader Chiang Kai-shek, leader of the Nationalist party who
unceremoniously skedaddled over to Taiwan, (and who also in the process
removed the indigenous government), still had illusions of grandeur of
reclaiming the motherland. I'm sure the feeling was mutual on the other
side.

 (The fact that Iran is in Russia's back yard has had me scratching my
head
over that one -- if I lived in Russia I sure wouldn't want Iran to have
nuclear
arms, yet Putin doesn't give any indication of caring about the issue.)

Yes, on the surface it doesn't seem very logical, does it.

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.Zazzle.com/orionworks