Nick Palmer wrote,

>No, it does not conflict with the need to do something...

Howdy Vorts,

Ah Ha!   Now therein lies the real problem. .." the need to do something"     !

Shakespeare once penned " there is a tide..."

It ain't up to us anymore which is why it's a waste of time to talk about global warm. I went to wedding in Dallas over the weekend. Dallas is one of the "NEW" boom town cities of the world where the movers and shakers migrate toward. I listened to the talk and after more than 40 years of business experience, I compared what I heard with what my gut feeling was telling me.
Best way to describe what I sensed in Dallas.. playing poker with scared money. It's like a game of monolopy.. everybody knows the money is make believe and the hotels and properties are  just play

Folks, global warming is way down the list of priorities.

Not to worry.. the laws of human nature are alive and well in the world. Read Cervantes "Don Quixote" and get the joke.
Jones Beene should write a 21 century version.

Richard