Kyle, I can relate totally to what you're saying having dealt with stupidity, feigned or otherwise, when I was trying to eke out a living in the solar energy design business (many years ago). So much for being a "highly paid consultant" - a phrase usually thrown at me by overpaid, overpensioned, overcoddled government types.

At the moment I'm just waiting for the moment when some company such as Steorn or MPI or a company in the cold fusion business tries to commercialize its technology and sell it to real people. Your fuel-efficient Chevy will be nothing compared to the trumped-up legislation that will suddenly appear at all government levels.

Call me a cynic, but in case nobody here has read about it, the EPA is now attempting to shut down the use of diesel in the US due to some technicality based on % nitrous oxides. They did that to the UK mini around 1973 when there was a gas crisis, on the basis of % pollutants exiting the exhaust. As far as I know there was no consideration given to miles travelled per gallon or gas. Only % pollutants in the exhaust. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

P.