On Sunday 31 December 2006 21:16, Kyle R. Mcallister wrote:
> [...]

Absolutely agree on the conserve part.  Conservation never made anybody
prosper.  It only caused depression and stagflation as industry started to
leave to cheaper labor countries.  After all, it was energy production that
raised us up from muscle labor intensive  backbreaking work and made us
more productive than slave economies, bringing prosperity to us and to our
families.  Now to give away our energy advantage is to invite the return of
slave economics.  It is that simple.  Business looks for the cheapest way of
doing a job.  If energy is not available for smart people to do the job
because they are 'conserving and having fewer children', then business will
leave that place and go to the place with the most cheap hands to do it
manually the old way, like the ancient Babylonians.  Slaves.  And the slavery
will come here too.  It will come in little ways like the 'illegal
immigrants'.  These will depress wages, and you will see them everywhere
doing odd jobs that used to be done by citizens.  It will be said that
citizens do not want the work, but the empty words will only mean that the
citizens will not do the work for peonage wages.  More immigrants will come
and wages will gravitate still lower.  The end would be when creditors of
citizens ask the government for the ability to make and enforce indentured
servitude on debtors.  Excuses for doing this abound.  Take child support
payments.  Everybody wants to 'help the children' don't they?  Look at our
prison systems.  G Gordon Liddy wrote in the seventies that most of the
residents of the American penal system were 'non-support cases'.  That is in
reallity a debtors prison system.  This is not to excuse the 'gaddy daddies'
among our citizens and illegal aliens, but only to show how easy it is to
justify maintaining de facto labor indentures in a modern society.
There are plenty of debtors now.  People that remember
the good old days and refused to let go of the dream long after it faded to
dust.  From indentured servitude to labor contracts in perpetuity to slavery
to the old slave market is only a short series of steps backward into a dark
past that will become a horrific future if conervationists have their way.
By the way. Slavers often use and used religion to encourage the having of
many children.  This was done for generations in the American south to
overpopulate the place in order to create labor surplus market conditions. In
the south, kickbacks were often the norm, and supervisors ran roughshod over
employees that were little more  than scared rabbits.  Now the would be
slavers have a new source of overpopulation.  When our citizens showed
responsibility and had fewer children so as to be less a footprint on the
environment, this created a population 'vacuum'.  This vacuum created by
our so called good judgement is now being filled by the refuse of the world
so that they can take the jobs we thought to provide for our children.
Now that's justice, aint it?  It is time the American people woke up while we
still have a  country to wake up in.

Standing Bear

PS.  somebody invented a solar cell that is converts over forty percent of its
recieved sunlight into electricity.  Now I spent a great deal of time in our
good old southwest.  And one thing that really stands out is how hot the
sun is in the deserts.  We have huge areas of them.  I could fry eggs on
a smooth rock on the shores of Pyramid Lake in Nevada or Mono Lake
in California.  Once built, solar facilities' maintainance would consist
mainly of just dusting the collectors in a well run facility.