Pathological scepticism is not the same as deliberately lying to cover up meaningful results.

P.

At 09:43 AM 2/7/2007 -0500, you wrote:
Michel Jullian wrote:

Now you mention it, anybody knows if anything positive came out of their Toyota/Technova funded CF lab in Nice, France?

Many positive results came from this effort:

1. Johnson-Matthey learned how to make Pd that works nearly every time. They characterize the material in detail. Unfortunately, they are the only ones who know anything about it and they have not published a single word. Toyota and Johnson-Matthey were never able to come to an agreement on sharing information or joint development, according to my sources.

2. Technova learned to trigger massive excess heat and heat after death in nearly every cell.

3. In the end they made boiling cells that produced as much as 74 watts continuously for 40 to 150 days. See: http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RouletteTresultsofi.pdf

Unfortunately, after the program founder and main supporter Mr. Toyoda died, the project was killed by harsh political opposition. That's what Martin Fleischmann and others told me. Toyoda was one of the sons of the Toyota Company founder and he had enough influence to ward off the skeptics.

The "failure" of the NHE program also soured some of the Japanese leadership on cold fusion. I put failure in quotes because the program actually did produce excess heat in the last stage, in the experiments conducted by Melvin Miles. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMcalorimetrb.pdf

In the final report the directors of the laboratory lied about Miles results and claimed that he produced no excess heat.

Japanese skeptics at high levels are now trying to kill off the transmutation research at Mitsubishi, the National Synchrotron Laboratory and Tokyo National University. I expect they will succeed, using the same arguments used to destroy cold fusion in the U.S. by the DoE reviewers, i.e., this is a disgrace to science and these results "are not to be believed." See:

http://lenr-canr.org/Collections/DoeReview.htm#StormsRothwellCritique

Pathological skepticism is alive and well in Japan.