Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

Whether or not Israel has nuclear weapons, everyone in the middle-east believes they do . . .

I am sure they do. I have it on good authority, and besides, it has often been described in the news. They do not have many warheads, but measured in targeting ability, size and yield and so on, they have some of the most sophisticated weapons in the world, technically far ahead of China, for example. They have to deny the existence of these weapons but they also have to leak enough information about them so that everyone knows they have them. There is no point to possessing a doomsday weapon if your enemies do not know you have it.

They also have, or will soon have, a submarine capable of launching a nuclear missile second strike.

I deplore nuclear weapons and I hate to say this, but if any country anywhere needs them, I suppose it would be Israel.

The last country on earth that needs nukes is Japan, but some of their right wing fanatics -- including some in government -- have been talking about making them. They have the technical ability to make them in a matter of months.