Jed Rothwell wrote:

> Harry Veeder wrote:
>
>> I interpret "heat after death" as evidence of a self-powered system,
>> i.e. a portion of the heat produced is being consumed by the system
>> to maintain the production of excess heat.
>
> I do not think any power is consumed in heat after death, and I do
> not think that power is ever required to maintain production of
> excess heat. The input power of electrolysis is required to form the
> materials, or the NAE. Once the NAE is in place, electrolysis is no
> longer required.
>
> I think heat after death occurs when the deuterium in the palladium
> gradually evolves and reaches the surface where the NAE lives.
>
> - Jed

In hot fusion a critical temperature must be reached before
the fusion process becomes self-powering.

Cold fusion does not seem to require the temperatures and pressures of hot
fusion, but is an NAE enough? Is it so unreasonable to imagine that a given
NAE must be at a critical temperature before cold fusion process becomes
self powering?

Perhaps the critical temperature of a given NAE is more like temperature
range. When the NAE is below a certain temperature it is too cold for cold
fusion, and when it is above a certain temperature it is too hot for cold
fusion.

Harry