Since you mention this problem, I would like to remind those who own a PC that all of these problems can be eliminated by getting an iMac that runs both system OS-X and Windows. The Mac can be used on the internet with Netscape, which avoids most of the nasties and the Windows version can be used for everything else, if you insist. Microsoft is not the only game in town anymore.

Ed

Jed Rothwell wrote:
I use mainly the Firefox browser version 2.0.0.3. I recently installed Windows Internet Explorer 7, which is an abomination. I need to use occasionally for websites that do not work otherwise. Just now I tried to download a paper from LENR-CANR.org. It gave me the following message:

"This website wants to run the following add-on: IE PDFPlus OCX from 'Zeon Corp. (unverified publisher)'. If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run click here . . ."

This happens with papers converted recently using the program PDF plus!, and also with papers compiled years ago using the original Acrobat program. If anyone else here is using Internet Explorer 7, or some other version, please try to download a paper and let me know if it gives you this message. I have never heard of "PDFPlus OCX from 'Zeon Corp."

I hope this is not some sort of virus that has invaded the website, and I hope this warning does not frighten off readers.