Terry Blanton wrote:

A Milky Way bar contains more energy than a stick of dynamite.

A tank of gas in that SUV contains about a megawatt.

My grandson has more energy than a full SUV and often explodes.

Terry

Stop feeding you grandson the milky bars :-D  I'll have them. ;-)
Bravo. Thanks my point exactly its not how much energy but how fast it can discharge.
The grandson probbably holds that record.

On 5/4/07, thomas malloy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Robin van Spaandonk wrote:

>>http://www.zenncars.com/home/EEStor%20equity%20investment%20April%2030%202007%20FINAL%202.pdf
>>
>[snip]
>
>>Inc. The negotiated investment terms also grant ZENN an additional investment option of up to US $5 million on the same terms,
>>

>It isn't permittivity that's the likely problem, it's the breakdown voltage.

I Searched under EEstor and found an interesting discussion of the
technology. The proposed capacitor would store several KW hrs worth of
energy, it would be stored at 3.5 KV. Someone calculated that the energy
in the charged capacitor would be equivalent to 100 sticks of dynamite.
The BaTi dielectric is brittle, and it was noted that this sort of
device does not fail gracefully, which is a euphemism for destructive
failure.

Given the energies involved, and the mechanical forces which I would
assume would be generated in charging the capacitor, I would assume it
would be a matter of time before it rapidly disassembles itself, and the
car.

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---