R.C.Macaulay wrote:

Harry Veeder quotes.. Al  Gore
The brunt of this climate crisis is going to be felt in the developing
world. All your work... will be undone if you don't focus on this," Bono
said.

"It is clear that those people who have least created this climate crisis...
are the least equipped to deal with it."

Gore added: "I want to say to everyone who wants to solve the climate
crisis, they have to take Bono's agenda on extreme poverty, on fighting
disease and dealing with the HIV/AIDS crisis and make it an integral part of
the world's effort to solve the climate crisis."
Howdy Harry, At some point in time it becomes necessary to recognize some problems have no solution tasks and simply turn your head in a stance of inevitiability. Al Gore has profited by profiling global warming and Bono the same with Africa but neither have a solution.

Of course Richard, some problems have no solution. That is not the issue. It's the attempt to solve a problem that is important. Finding a substitute for oil, for example, may not impact the climate much but it will have many other benefits, which won't be achieved without the encouragement of the climate change issue. Think beyond the local issue and who is benefiting and ask if taking the advice of Al Gore might not benefit us all in many other ways. Meanwhile, move to higher ground.

Africa is imploding in on itself, with any attempt to help being frustrated. Climate changes occur but any attempt to modify climate is futile. All the feeding of guilt will not solve insoluable problems.

Of course Africa is imploding. Helping Africa is not done because of guilt but because unstable regions, if ignored, tend to spill out into the reset of the world either as disease or terrorist. Africa was destroyed by the Western nations in the past and even at the present time harm is being done because powerful companies want the resources.
The biggest problem in the world is jealousy, vanity, lust and greed.

That is not the major problem because these have been part of the human condition from day one. The problem is that these conditions now impact a larger part of the society because of increased power in the hands of government and corporations. In the past, leaders who had too much of these characteristics would screw up a small part of the world. Now they can screwup the whole world. But, we just keep on electing them. As a result, we get what we deserve.

Add drugs to this equation and witness a decay in civilized society.
An attorney friend remarked tha he no longer knew what justice is as a result of his work in the court system.

Drugs are not the problem. The problem is the approach used to deal with drug uce. Some countries take a better approach than others, with the US being one of the worst. In this country, any rational approach based on an understanding of human nature and history is labeled as liberal. As a result, the brute force method of people who only respect and enjoy the use of power are in charge. We see this battle between the liberal and conservative approach being carried out on many issues, with the conservatives winning. As a result, society just keeps getting worse. The response to this deterioration is to apply more force and power. Make people behave rather than give them the freedom and reason to behave. If you want to find the reason for the decay, you might consider this one.

I explained the definition of the word "justice" as " love of order, that which preserves it, we call justice." Neither Al Gore or any of the politicians in or from Washington hold legitimate credentials to speak to the American people on issues they help create. Not because their political position in failing us.. but.. by their lack of moral leadership. What did they and the politicials of either party expect in their constant degradation of congress and the constitution they were sworn to defend and protect.

Unfortunately, the term "moral leadership" describes one of the reason things are going down hill. Too often, the criteria is based on some religious idea that has no relationship to the present reality or to the need of the general population. Meanwhile the basic beliefs behind the religious philosophy are ignored in an attempt to force compliance with a few emotional issues. Of course a society goes down hill when the moral leaders speak with such hypocrisy.

Ed

Richard