From: Michael Foster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 5:59 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Creationism (was Re:OT: periodic table)

I really hate to jump in on such a subject that is so
far off topic, but this is something that has bugged
me for years.  I really don't understand what the
argument is about. I'm not religious, nor am I much
of an atheist (requires too much faith in the unknown).

As God works in mysterious ways, I can't see why
evolution isn't one of them.  A literal interpretation
of the Bible holds no water as we seem to agree that
the sun doesn't rise up from the ocean as it says in
Genesis. Thus, it's an allegorical document, inspiring
as it may be, its moral truth given by example.

You might even say that He can be found in the fine-
structure constant.  After all, Richard Feynman himself
rather hinted at such an idea. All else in the universe
grows from alpha, all the atomic structure, all the
chemistry and all the evolution. "My ways are not your
ways," seems to put it nicely.

Not much original thinking here, but maybe it should
be repeated from time to time, just to calm everyone
down.

M.