Howdy Vorts,
The subject should excite everyone in the group.. much so that on behalf of the Dime Box saloon ( which incidently is nearly under plume of the Alcoa coal fired smokey Stovers).. a challenge is offered. If the Vortex group thinks they are so great and intelligent.. Let's jointly set up this thread and develope a draft of a plan.. finish for print.. and I will set up an appointment with the honchos at Alcoa Rockdale and a few politicos and make a presentation of the plan together with seeing it gets publicity.
There may be something special about the gang that hangs out in Vortex..

Richard

Jones, you are very clever but the main reason to look at Algoil biofuels etc is to try to reduce the de-sequestration of fossil carbon. Using a lignite source will just not cut the mustard! I know that some Americans are getting excited about freeing themselves from the yoke of OPEC and, from the point of view of sustainable economics, it makes sense to become more self sufficient in energy but getting the CO2 from existing coal/oil/gas fired plants would be FAR better...