Other possibilities based on my personal experience with these things:

1)  Their counsel told them to STFU and quit bragging about things for
which they yet have no patent protection.

and

2)  They encountered challenges of scale when they tried to create a
commercial application.

Or, as one of my engineers puts it, "I don't understand, it worked in
the Powerpoint presentation."

Terry