>From Hoyt:

> Very interesting speculation. Thanks.
>
> From tests I have done, Sv can be from microseconds to seconds depending on
> the material. It's on the order of a millisecond for Nd2Fe14B.
>
> Hoyt Stearns

Thanks, Hoyt,

>From microseconds to seconds. Wow! That's a huge range!

I would seem logical to assume that the majority of the Neodymium
family of PMs would share, roughly speaking, the same viscotic
characteristics - on the order of a millisecond or so.

This is just a guess on my part, but I would speculate that ferric and
ceramic PMs are likely to cycle much more slowly than Neodymium PMs -
on the order approaching a second.

I wonder if the size of the PM can make a difference as well.

Would you agree, or not.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com