Howdy Ed,
In the great poker game of life as played at the back table in the Dime Box Saloon, there are many different types of poker players entering and exiting the game. Surprisingly, none are in it for entertainment. On occasion, a player has a "watcher" standing behind you signaling your hand. Another has cards up their sleeve and in their boot. mirrors on their rings etc. A player must understand the rules before sitting down to play. There are no rules except..

Rule number one.. the house makes the rules. Second rule.. the house makes the rules.
Third rule.. the house makes the rules.
WHy?..because they make the chips that you buy for gold to play in their game. It's their game and their rules. Who are "They".. they are they!!.. as the line from the movie " The wild Bunch" so stated.

They are ordinary people working for the gov'ment.. with extraordinary power. Beginning with fond intentions, they quickly learn this power is both.. unlimited and extremely valuable to gain wealth, and sex. Did I say "cult", no. I didn't have to tell you something you already knew.
Richard

Ed Storms wrote,
These are the kinds of decisions that eventually lead to failure even
though our arrogance make them look good at the time. You can see the
same attitude being applied to the Iraq situation. We never learn.