Good question. The significance of 1 degree depends on how much insulation is on the cell and how well the thermocouples were calibrated. If the cell is well insulated, 1 degree would represent very little extra power. Since we don't have any information about either, the significance is totally unknown. All we know is that some extra energy appears to be generated within the cell. It's amount and source are unknown.

Ed

OrionWorks wrote:

Jed Rothwell said:

I do not think that a 1°C temperature difference is a small
effect. Most CF researchers would be thrilled to have such
a large temperature difference. Also, the ambient room
temperature is very stable.

I must ask a question that exposes my ignorance:

I suspect many who aren't technically gifted are not going to perceive
Arata's 1 C temperature increase, where deuterons were used instead of
hydrogen, as all that impressive. So what if the 1 degree temperature
increase above ambient temperature persisted for at least 6000 hours.
I realize other CF researchers are likely to consider the 1 C temp
increase to be a resounding breakthrough, particularly if it can be
independently replicated. Nevertheless, I suspect it's difficult for
the uneducated lay person to see what the fuss over a 1 degree
increase is all about.

Granted, I fully realize the fact that we are dealing with what I
presume is a tiny experimental setup, where the reaction chamber is
small to begin with.

Can CF researchers perceive a way to scale up Arata's process in a
practical way to eventually produce the amount of excess heat
necessary for household and industrial applications?

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks