A universal way of critiquing in science is recognized by most scientists, which was followed in this case. Arata was given a chance to respond, as he would be given by any journal when a paper critical of a person's work is submitted. We can not know why he did not respond and it does not matter. Hopefully, he will supply the missing information in the future now that the need has been made clear.

Ed