A large disruption of material on the phoenix microscope stage can be found between these two micrographs:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images/gallery/lg_23759.jpg

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images/gallery/lg_23771.jpg

To compare photos I just bring them up in separate browser or other application windows, overlay the windows carefully, and then toggle between them (using command-tilda (~) or command accent (`) on the Mac).

The source of the above images is here:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images.php?gID=23759&cID=240
http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images.php?gID=23771&cID=240

I've never seen so much motion on a pair of micrographs, so perhaps the material was disrupted, say by a FEM needle or conductivity probe or movement command error something.

It is important to note that the position settings and illumination light (red) were identical. Some of the objects appear to be fiber or stalk like, anchored at their bases. Their bases did not move. The disruption merely (but substantially) changed the angle at which they are viewed. This does not seem to me to be the way rocks behave.

There has still been no release of anything but token FEM information. This is very strange.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/