Why, in 84 days, is a large ice deposit only in that one spot? Why is the frost not somewhat uniform? Keep in mind the photo is upside down. The ground is at the top. The pictures make a lot more sense when flipped 180 degrees. The strut in the foreground is also in the dark, yet has no sign of frost at all in either photo. There are many photos of many parts on Phoenix, but none have shown large and changing white spots.

BTW, we have many types of dry icing conditions here in south central Alaska, especially when temperatures are below -30 deg. F. It is not widely known that many areas in Alaska are classified as deserts, based on annual precipitation.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/