Hi,
[snip]
>Is there enough of a small asymmetry in macro magnetic
>effects, such that one pole can be slightly "hotter"
>than the other due to solar wind; and could that
>dynamic enter into the ice mass situation ??
>
>As unlikely as this may seem at first...
[snip]
I think the asymmetry is primarily due to the fact that the North Pole is all
sea level floating ice, while the South Pole is high altitude ice on land.
That means that as Arctic ice melts, water is revealed with a very large change
in albedo (promoting further warming), whereas the high altitude ice in the
Antarctic doesn't get warm enough to melt at all (whereas low altitude ice in
the Antarctic does melt - ice shelves disintegrating).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>