Ed wrote:
<< The problem is to determine what fraction of the
population is not rational. I submit that the answer to such a
question would help reveal the fraction of rational individuals that
are present in a society. Apparently, according to my analysis, the
level of rationally is decreasing in the US.  This conclusion is not
only consistent with this criteria, but it is supported by the
behavior of the stock market and the government. >>

Well, actually I was going to write the same sort of thing about spreading irrationality in my anti Yank piece of a couple of hours ago but I held back because I think exactly the same thing has happened in Britain. Not quite as much as in the good ol' US of A with your talk radio and Rush Limbaugh types but who's counting? Not quite sure if it is as bad in mainland Europe?