Sounds like a personality cult.

Mind you Downe House is just down the road from Biggin Hill (where I work
when not at the university) and about 50 miles away on the other side of the
river Thames around the river Crouch and Blackwater estuaries it is alleged
that the Beagle's timbers are recycled in some of the buildings. Often
beautiful picturesque countryside or buildings surround these places and I
do go on an 'Homage a Darwin' sometimes. I know someone who claims to be a
9th cousin 1 once removed of Darwin. Very near Downe House too at Keston
William Pitt the younger and William Wilberforce discussed the anti-slavery
bill. Loads of history in the very small crowded UK.