Sobering and provoking thoughts from Remi, Ed, and Terry. Gives me the shudders.

I find it curious that the consumer credit card industry doesn't seem
to have been mentioned in this mess, or perhaps I missed that aspect.
Considering the huge credit card debt load that our population has
accumulated over the years, the practice of enticing customers to
borrow more and more money to the point that a significant portion of
the population is now barely capable of making payments on the
principal, I can't help but wonder if that isn't a significant
contributing factor to the mess we are in. I'm constantly receiving
credit card offers in the mail, typically two or three a week. They
only have one goal: To get me in debt with them. Unfortunately, too
many people have done just that. It's absolutely disgusting. I wish
there was better regulation of the industry.

We will pay for this mess.

Answering Remi's prior question, I hold no position in industry or
academia. Walking the talk is a highly subjective matter. Having done
anything worth recognizing is also a highly subjective matter. And
what good works have I personally done? Also highly subjective. It
would seem that the older I've gotten, the more I've come to a
personal realization that there is so much I don't know, or
understand. But it's a start.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com