>From Edmond Storms:

> Newman could prove his claims so easily if he simply used conventional
> methods and concepts to measure the power produced by his machine. Instead,
> he insists on speaking nonsense. As any engineer knows, the rate that a
> shaft turns has only a slight relationship to the power being applied.  The
> friction of the bearings and work being done by the system determine the
> amount of power required to turn a shaft, which he ignores. Is he ignorant
> or is he trying to con the ignorant? Does he have a real energy source or
> not?
> Ed

Watching Newman is such a fascinating spectacle. It's like watching a
bible thumping fire and brimstone evangelist work the crowd. I bet he
was charismatic in his younger years.

A criticism I seem to recall focuses on the fact that the water pump
Newman uses in his setup always seems to pump water out of a tub but
NEVER expels it to higher ground. IOW, it's not necessarily performing
all that much work. The "pumped" water is eventually expelled back
into the same tub – meaning the pump didn't really have to work all
that hard against the forces of gravity to move it anywhere..

Its' been pointed out more than once that Newman's claims would likely
be more respected if the pump demonstration was actually constructed
in such a manner that visibly showed the water being sucked out of a
lower tub and subsequently expelled into a reservoir ten or twenty
feet higher. If his pump could do this, and for a significant period
of time, I would imagine it would give his critics something worth
pondering.

It would have been so easy for Newman to do. Have the pumped water
expel water against the forces of gravity "up" into a tub twenty feet
higher than where it was originally pumped from. At the base of the
upper tub construct a simple drain in order to automatically transfer
the water  (via gravity) back into the original tub twenty feet below
- so the water could be "pumped" again - against the forces of
gravity. It would have been impressive! Makes you wonder why Newman
hasn't done it for all these years. He could have.

<Sunday Afternoon Sermon>

Personally, Ed, I don't think he's a con man, at least not
consciously. I could be wrong, but I think he sincerely believes he
has uncovered "The Way". He sincerely believes "The Way" will save the
world. Like a fundamentalist evangelist his mission is to save the
world from evil and despair caused by power mongers (oil cartel),
famine, and disease, etc... (certainly worthy causes to fight
against!)  Like a evangelist, Newman has utter faith in "The Way" of
his theories. Like some evangelists he appears to be getting more and
more testy that others don't seem agree with the faith of his theores.
Part of that is due to fear. He knows he is getting old. He fears he
doesn't  have that much time left to save the world with "His Way."
Reminds me of someone else we know: Bob Woodward recently commenting
on 60 Minutes that Bush has privately expressed growing frustration
with the fact that Iraques are not sufficiently grateful to the
Americans for having come in and "liberated" them from that evil
Saddam guy. For Bush and Newman, "The Way"... THEIR Way, is so simple.
For them the unfathomable conundrum is: Why don't people understand
that THEIR WAY is the best way to salvation! Ah, the law of karma in
action.

</Sunday Afternoon Sermon>

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson