From: Jones Beene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 1:57 PM
To: vortex
Subject: [Vo]:Hybrid eCycle & great company

http://www.hybrid-vehicles.net/ecycle-hybrid-motorcycles.htm

This company - eCycle is a fabulous new up-and-coming company. That
assessment is based on looking at their product line and technology. I have
no idea if they are making money or not, or if the stock is worth
investing-in.

http://ecycle.com/index.html

Based on their "potential" of where they are now and what is on the horizon
- I think of them as a possible candidate for the "new Honda" of the 21st
Century ... even though the old-Honda will probably have a thing or two to
say about that. In fact if the old-Honda is smart, they will buy these guys
out now before they can steal way too much market share.

eCycle is located in  Temple PA, and has has made their reputation recently
in developing a line of unique low voltage brushless motors and generators -
somewhat reminiscent of the CSIRO design which is almost 99% efficient in
converting electrical current into torque (at least at its preferred
rotational speed).

"For decades, brushless motors have been recognized as an advanced
technology that converts power more efficiently and more reliably than
conventional motors. eCycle has focused its efforts on producing efficient,
commercially viable brushless motors and generators and the related
electronics, in the 1-10kW performance range."

[the weak point of 'brushless' previously (pre-2002) had been in the
switching electronics - i.e. the silicon]

"Unlike other brushless motors,  eCycle's SolidSlotT  operates at low
voltages (12-36VDC) and high current (up to 450A).   A combination  of
characteristics make eCycle's product ideal for mobile  applications:
efficiency, ruggedness, power density and attractive  cost factor,
particularly when reliability and minimization of  maintenance are
important."

Jones

BTW - This page seems to be the key to the success of this motor's silicon
design:

http://ecycle.com/Twostage.html