Some will know that Google is running a competition where people submit ideas for world changing projects and the top ten projects get funding from them.
I have 5 submissions in. http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html

  * A perennial polyculture harvester for grains that are not
dried on the stem. The wet green grain, seeds etc is wet processed directly
    into noodles, textured protein or pellets on the machine. Millions
    of tons of crops are lost because they don't dry for harvest. It
    also allows many grass species that are rich foods but not yet
    domestic grain to become new foods. Most can't be harvested using
    current technologies. Perennial polycultures protect and nurture
    the soil much more than annual grains.
  * Farming the sea with a system using floating plastic ponds with
    buoyant water plants growing in fresh fertilized water.  Some have
    seen my page on that:
    http://www.geocities.com/vacoyecology/Bubble_ponds_fluke_boats.html
  * A free market way to create millions of hectares of private
    wilderness parks, endangered species habitat and wildlife
    corridors sparsely occupied cemeteries. One to ten graves per
    hectare instead of one grave every metre of path. The deceased
    would buy on a Funeral plan and some of the money would be banked
    so the interest could cover maintenance.
  * A farm scale air well  that condenses water from the air using
    solar power, cheap materials and cheap heat pumps. Not quite
    water  for every farm but it would drought proof some farms and
    provide enough water and emergency irrigated feed to keep breading
    stock and orchards going in a drought.
  * A radical idea to have all government departments, programs etc
    listed as tax deductible charities and to make the donations to
    them anonymous.  This creates something like a fiscal free
    market.  I allocate my  tax as I please and the parliament goes
    back to being a house of review with out  the pork barrel and
    endless fighting. Anything I have missed or ignored is covered by
    others or by the remaining general revenue. It's proposed as an
    experiment at the local government level. I have a web page
    covering  the same concept at all levels.
    http://www.geocities.com/vacoyecology/PAYERDFS.html

Not sure they will win but its worth a try. I believe that while there's only 10 prizes that hundreds of the projects will be taken up because the projects are so public.