Harry Veeder wrote:

> [...]

I don't, and I don't agree with Jed on a number of points, but
unfortunately I ran out of energy on debating this one so I am going to
let it slide (and anyhow it is kind of off topic).  I'm actually happier
with an assertion that rocks are conscious than I am with an assertion
that behavioral psychology has already provided an answer to the
question "what is consciousness?" but whatever...

It's been a busy and somewhat stressful week here, as our newly acquired
(and obviously conscious!) family member, who had previously been living
under our porch (and whose picture I have attempted to attach -- we'll
see if it goes through) has been throwing up regularly since she got
back from her checkup at the vet a few hours after her arrival.  It's
apparently a bad reaction to the antibiotic which was supposed to keep
her from getting sick.  Feedings once every hour, and every third
feeding, she barfs ... oy.

One of these days I may post the parts of Cattic which I've deciphered
-- a half dozen "words" (mostly non-visual) and a few "sentences", a bit
more complex than one might have expected, but probably all innate
rather than learned...

<<inline: IMG_5461.small.jpg>>