Do you have any thoughts or am I misrepresenting your concept? You say
"Photons are formed when bits of the local field break away" but would you
envisioning that a bit of the fabric of space may break away when the photon
does?

John Berry

My model is quite different than yours.? I have no aether.? My model is
classical and at low energy,? It has no quarks, Higgs particles, or space
fabric..

I do, owever, ask the same question as you.? What attaches the magnetic field
to a magnet and what releases it to travel with the photon?? Superconductors
have provided a clue.? The magnetic fields of superconductors tend to slip
(travel).? Defects ( discontinuities ) are placed in the superconductor to
prevent this slipping.? Following through with this logic discontinuities
attach local fields and the quantum transition releases the grip of the
discontinuity.

The link to cold fusion is the observables has enabled me to describe this
process.

I hope something happes soon with these ideas.

Frank Z