Hi,
[snip]
>I always knew there was a way to burn up all that fission waste product
>(million-year storage my hairy ass...) What about all the containment
>vessels and tubing and equipment damaged by neutron bombardment? That's
>some huge mass of junk by now, ain't it?
[snip]
Yes it is, but most of those isotopes have relatively short half lives (compared
to the actinides).
BTW don't let this post fool you. I am no protagonist of nuclear fission, but if
the worst comes to the worst, and we have to use it, then this seems to me, like
a better method than that proposed in the article I was replying to.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html