This from the latest issue of my Kiplinger Letter, March 27.

Under the ENERGY section:

**********************************
Is it an oak, maple or birch? No, it's a "power tower"...a generating
system designed to mimic a tree's form, using it to capture both solar
and wind energy. Wafer thin "leaves" absorb sunlight, converting it to
electricity to be stored or used. Ditto, the energy released when faux
foliage rustles in the breeze. A single "tree" could power a house
year-round. A Grove of them…a fifth of a typical town's needs.

The first towers will show up around 2011. In a decade...a bumper crop.

**********************************

My initial Google searches on phrases like "Power Tower" or "Power
Tower Trees" retrieved no links pertaining to information on power
"trees". All that comes up are traditional power towers using arrays
of mirrors to concentrate light onto a single focal point to generate
steam.

I've never heard of this "technology" before. Anybody heard of this ?

Maybe it's a preemptive April Fool's entry from the Kiplinger staff.
Perhaps the Editor in Chief was on vacation this week. ;-)

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks