On Sun, 26 Apr 2009, Steven Krivit wrote:

> In the meantime, I can offer you another piece that explicitly identifies
> some of the humans and exposes the problems they created.
> http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/reports/ColdFusionShortStory.shtml

Excellent!

Here's something nobody ever mentions, and which I never noticed until
Scott Little pointed it out long ago:  it requires weeks to initially load
a Pd electrode (essentially converting the whole thing into palladium
hydride.)  Yet those famous first "damning failures to replicate" were
announced in that time, or less.  Doesn't this prove that MIT (etc.) only
made a *single* replication attempt?  Wouldn't an honest lab have given
several tries before giving up?

Perhaps it even suggests that they performed the experiment entirely
wrong, and didn't load their electrodes near 100% before suddenly
announcing that the experiment didn't work.

A person suspecting dishonest actions might even wonder if they started to
become frightned that it *would* work, so they turned it off early and
hoped nobody would ever check their announcement dates and figure it out.

Anyway, in addition to the mysteriously altered baseline, bringing up this
date discrepancy might make a nice little "nail in the coffin" when
discussing the shennanigans surrounding the sudden "debunker" attacks
first mounted against P&F.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci