That was based on known placer mines.  Placer mines have veins of
these rare earths which makes extraction simple and inexpensive.
However, some countries, India for example, extract their Nd from
sand.

I am also aware of a patented extraction method which works similar to
uranium enrichment centrifuges that can extract Nd from iron mine
tailings.

If we need it, we can get more.

Terry