Jed

I agree with all you said. You certainly don't have to be at the
defensive, justifying all your actions. This is specially so when you have
done nothing wrong.

But cold fusion is a controversial field, and sadly with a bad reputation.
This comes for a number of reasons, some of which are somewhat valid, and
some of which are clearly not. All of them are comprehensible, I think, in
the big "history of science" and "history of scientific revolutions"
frameworks.

I can tell for first hand experiences that the field is very suspicious
for a good number of people. They tend to think that all that comes from
the scientists working in CF is a deception, published with the sole
intention of getting funding money, or as a consequence of self-delusions,
bad experimental protocols, etc. etc.

The DIA document and similar documents are VERY important in this regard.
To help to clear out the cloud of suspicion that's hanging over the field,
and to make more and more people interested in the real science and
phenomena behind cold fusion.

A page like that in lenr-canr.org would serve also as a "slap link" to
throw in the face of the skeptics, every time is needed.
And neither you nor we would have to be writing and repeating the same old
(and sound) arguments time and again, when discussing attribution and
source verification in the field, or the reputation and seriousness of the
publishers.

Best regards, and have a nice day
Mauro