mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
> Hi Jones,
> [snip]

As Lao-tse said: "If we wish to compress something, we must first let it
fully expand."

I certainly think that one or various of these proposed setups should work.
The method can even be combined with the classical electrolytic setup,
i.e. achieve some initial loading ratio using an electrolytic setup, and
then gradually (and carefully) switch to a repetitive "compress and
release" mode, by means of a mechanical method(pressurization), or by
other method (electromagnetic fields, X rays, pulsed lasers, ultrasound,
etc.)