Horace Heffner wrote:

Has anybody ever noticed that 2 out of 3 runs that show 4He growth in the SRI Case replication show a peak and then a decrease in 4He?

. . .

The helium flows out of the cell with the evolved H2 and O2 gasses.

Nope. This is the Case cell: D2 gas loaded, no evolved gas.

This is done with a "direct, on-line, high-resolution mass spectrometric measurement of [4He]." I figure something like that has gotta leak. I mean, it must leak more than a simple collection flask that you send off to the Bureau of Mines. Those tubes running up to a mass spectrometer with Swarlok connections can't be as air-tight as a flask.

The last experiment shown in this paper is the Arata double-structured cathode. That's really a gas loading experiment, not electrolysis. From the perspective of a helium study it is more like gas loading. The helium should be trapped inside the double structure walls. The latest Arata experiments are gas loading no matter how you look at them.

This paper covers a lot of ground in 9 pages.