Here is a conference on a particular type of solar power, Concentrating Solar Thermal power:

<http://www.regonline.co.uk/builder/site/default.aspx?EventID=791972>http://www.regonline.co.uk/builder/site/default.aspx?EventID=791972

We will know that cold fusion has succeeded commercially and has become unstoppable when the various specialties and sub-specialties have their own dedicated physics conferences and trade shows.

I expect that cold fusion applied to something like space heating will use different materials and techniques than something like heat engines. It will be a different discipline, eventually with its own trade show.