From: mix...@bigpond.com [mailto:mix...@bigpond.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 12:31 AM
To: p...@mit.edu
Subject: [Vo]:Constraints on energetic particles in the Fleischmann-Pons
experiment

Dear Professor,

Having just read your paper, I wonder if you have considered the possibility
that the energy is carried away by fast electron rather than alpha particles.
These would undoubtedly create X-rays, however in aqueous experiments most of
the electrons may well be absorbed in the electrolyte, resulting primarily in
low energy x-rays which in turn are not very penetrating.

Such a possibility arises from the notion that the fusion reaction may be
triggered through any of the various "shrunken hydrogen" concepts, in which case
the proximity of the electron to the nucleus may make absorption of the fusion
energy possible when the distance of the electron from the nucleus is on the
order of the wavelength of a photon of 23.8 MeV.

In my own variant (http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/New-hydrogen.html) on Mills'
Hydrino work, this would occur for about n=[1/32].

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html