-----Original Message-----
From: Jed Rothwell

> I do not know how long, but it seems exceedingly unlikely to me that any
hydride could degas that quickly.

Yes - that is precisely the point of all of this.

If you (or an SRI consultant) were unaware of the metallurgy and unaware of
recalescence, as were the authors of the report (since it was not mentioned)
then you would naturally assume things that should not be assumed...

... such as a valve - which after the explosion appeared to have failed...
when the most defensible conclusion is that it was the explosion itself that
caused the valve it to become clogged or whatever, and not the reverse.

Jones