From: francis [mailto:froarty...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:41 PM
To: 'vortex-l@eskimo.com'
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Grabowski thinks the effect the NRL is seeing is chemical

Jones,

 I inadvertently quoted you out of context in my previous reply supporting a
covalent bond when you were clearly advocating hydrogen bonding.

Jones Beene said on Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:18:49 -0700

Fran,

This could be an important paper for expanding the concept into an
alternative

method of chemical thermal cycling - for either heating or
cooling purposes. There could be anomalous gain derived from Casimir heating
in this kind of situation, but that is not claimed. And it is only "implied"
if you should chose to look for it.
[reply]
I can see anomalous heat coming from continuous Grabowski H2<>D1
transformations where changes in ZPE due to suppression disassociate bonds
that are then are free to re-associate and release the energy just rectified
but I don't think the cooling scenario would be based on h2<>d1 exchange. I
think suppression geometry is a segregating force - that is for areas
suppressed there are always boundaries where the lower energy density inside
acts like an insulator to the ambient density outside the boundary. IMHO the
wind sail with a hole analogy extends to lattice and surface geometry as
well as Van der Walls - anything that breaks the isotropy of energy density
will have an equally opposing effect on the opposite side of its boundary
condition (although not necessarily as concentrated -again like a large sail
feeding a small hole). As a segregating effect time dilation can be in
either direction resulting in cooling instead of heating or delays in
spontaneous emission instead of acceleration depending on the location of
gas atoms relative to these segregated suppression and compression fields. I
think delayed spontaneous emission in waveguides may actually be due to
these segregated "compression" fields because EM suppression should
accelerate the emission rate. Like a Casimir cavity I posit the suppression
to be concentrated in a small area while the compression is distributed over
a much larger area more likely to interact with the gas atoms.
[/reply]

Regards

Fran