With due respect to Jed, and I do respect him and understand his viewpoint,
one has to follow Nature and not one's wishes. My industrial experience,
seeing several very large projects founder on technical and marketing
features, gives me a compassionate view of what Mills is doing and the
difficulties faced. BLP has already and repeatedly, with Rowan, achieved 1
MJ, 50 kW energy bursts, something unknown in LENR. In principle, the
reaction is scalable, but a lot of work will be needed. Right now, many
factors point to the need to work on a utility scale, with miniaturization
to follow, perhaps in decades. There are no miniature LENR cells; to work an
elaborate support structure is needed, as with the current BLP reactors.

BLP is targeting a  1/20 scale prototype in 2010, with water as a fuel.
Essentially that means 50 kW average, not peak, power. One cylinder engine,
with larger clusters to follow. The exact form will be dictated by Nature,
not Jed's wishes.

What needs to be *understood* about the battery technology is that it is
rechargeable, like a lithium-ion battery yielding 3V. With hydrino
compounds, the  cell terminal voltage will be in the tens of volts, which
makes a lot of difference in the energy capacity and the attached equipment.
Being rechargeable, hydrinos are not a consumable as in a 'primary' battery.

Jed has long anticipated a time when entrepreneurs will seize a technology
and run with it: this happened with computers and software and he hoped it
would happen with LENR. I anticipate after BLP mounts a 'water engine'
demonstration the excitement will begin, both from the critics and from the
tinkerers. There is nothing intrinsically complex about the BLP chemistry -
read the Rowan reports. Lots of people will try. The tide Jed wrote about in
his book can happen.

Mike Carrell