internets provides:

http://vimeo.com/10476453
We built a wind powered vehicle designed to go *directly* downwind - faster
than the wind. This is the first run of our first outing. We intended these
first "attempts" only as shakeout runs. But we ended up doing better than
our ultimate goal of twice windspeed. As a result, we've now set our goal at
3X windspeed.

This is the first run of the two days we spent on the lakebed in Ivanpah,
NV.

We've blanked out the audion in places since it wouldn't be responsible to
publish numbers that aren't official. We plan to make a well instrumented
official run before the officials of the North American Land Sailing
Association soon. Once that data has been certified we will publish all
data.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHsXcHoJu-A
Downwind Faster than the Wind (DWFTTW)