I just spent an hour researching what someone on this list probably already
knows how to do - I want to make a real cheap and simple method to pump a small
quantity of h2  @ STP back and forth through a reactor. I intend to fill 2
sections of hose both connected to a small reactor tube with water and then
stopper one end, stand up the stoppered end and stick the hydrogen producing
electrode of an electrolysis pair into the submerged end until all the water is
displaced by hydrogen. I  then want to connect both end to two water filled U
traps so I have the H2 hoses and reactor "trapped" between the U traps meaning
I have water seals on both ends. The question is in the next step  - assuming
each trap has a vertical portion to vary the water column.. what is the easiest
method to create a push pull where one  trap goes down while the other goes up
to draw the gas back and forth through the reactor? I was thinking a rube
Goldberg arrangement with a little motorized balance beam raising a reservoir
on  1 arm while lowering  the reservoir on the opposite arm.  This limited
amount of H2 would reduce safety concerns and yet produces an  "endless" stream
of hydrogen passing through the reactor.
Any suggestions?
Fran