The special thing about 159 nm is that it is almost entirely absorbed by air
and ionizing it. Ionized air can be affected by other radiation to be
heated. Heating localized air around a body makes a push on it. I want to
elaborate with propulsion of this kind.

UV with shorter wavelenght than 159 nm is called VUV, vacuum ultraviolet,
since it can only exist in vacuum. It is absorbed by air. Very funny would
be to have tunable UV on the border between UV and VUV. The absorption rate
would then be adjustable and the radiation could pass arbitrarily far away
ffrom the radiation source. I want to heat air around an object as described
in my arXiv article on preventing shock waves. I think that the same
technique can be used to achieve propulsion as well and it could be the way
that flying saucers operate. They fly with apparently no moving parts and
UV/VUV in combination with heating could have the same effect.

I see that many vacuum UV lights can be bought:
http://www.google.se/search?hl=en&q=vacuum+uv+lamp

David

David Jonsson, Sweden, phone callto:+46703000370