The economic imperative is one of many arguments for a basic income, but by 
itself
it is no more persuasive than the argument that slavery is bad because it is 
economically inefficient.


Harry




>
>From: Jed Rothwell <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Sent: Tue, December 21, 2010 2:07:40 PM
>Subject: Re: [Vo]:Web site and book about robots rendering human labor obsolete
>
>
>Harry Veeder <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> 
>An unconditional basic movement is gaining traction in Germany and Brazil.
>>
>>Link to 6 min. trailer with English subtitles to a movie about Bedingungsloses
>>Grundeinkommen(unconditional basic income)
>>
>>http://dotsub.com/view/1689fc6f-bade-4482-8829-04c0635f4731
>>
>>
>>The Basic Income Earth Network:
>>

That's interesting! I did not look carefully, but in these web sites I do not 
see anything about the economic imperative for doing this. This movement 
emphasizes the humanitarian reasons.

By the way, the book by Ford discusses the earlier book on this subject by 
Rifkin, "The End of Work." I don't like Rifkin but this is a case of a stopped 
[analog] clock.

- Jed


Reply via email to