Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:06:24 -0500e
From: francis.x.roa...@lmco.com
To: sarfattisciencesemin...@yahoogroups.com
CC: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:Re: [Starfleet Command] Nick Herbert & DS agree that there is a
basic flaw in Haisch-Moddel Patent ZPF Vacuum Energy  Generator.

I agree  with  Bernard’s Thought experiment but Nick seems to be hung up on
just the Casimir force being exploitable – Nick is overlooking the importance
of the gas atoms themselves.  Garret Moddel published  a paper ,Assessment of
proposed electromagnetic quantum vacuum energy extraction methods,
http://ecee.colorado.edu/ 7Emoddel/QEL/Papers/Moddel_VacExtracV1.pdf Which
casts doubt on 2 of the 3 classes of propo
sed methods to extract energy but finds the migration of monatomic gas inside
aPermanent Casimir field, the 3rd class, a workable solution. I view these
cavities as a tapestry of different energy densities confined together at the
nano scale. You have Gas atoms inside these cavities constantly driven into
random motion by HUP – these atoms translate to different quiescent energy
densities established by the local Casimir geometry. The heat anomalies of
Arata, Mills and other researchers indicate this is already enough to produce
an effect even without the circulation proposed by Haisch and Moddel.The
circulation was first proposed by William Lyne for an Atomic Furnace and
probably would have helped if it ha
d been adopted by Moller  and Naudin in the MAHG device – Note H-M are
proposing Casimir Lamb Pinch while Lyne and Moller an oscillation between bond
states of gas atoms with change in energy density which are wholly different
scales but both exploit the change in Casimir geometry relative to the random
motion of gas atoms. I think that even if the Casimir Lamb Pinch fails to
achieve the efficiency to exploit the process their prototype is still better
conceived to exploit the method suggested by Lyne and Moller – The gas is
circulated between Casimir and Non Casimir cells forcing a maximum
translation/space, spreads out the reaction to avoid melt down and the need to
regenerate like the Rayney Nickel of Rowan Confirmation fame – It also allows
for better reactant controls to mix with inert gas, vary circulation speed and
greater surface area to couple the heat away.
> On Mar 3, 2010, at 4:15 PM, JACK SARFATTI wrote: > > So, Nick where
> specifically do you disagree with Bernie's remark  > > below? What sentences
> he wrote do you think are wrong?  Best way to  > > settle this is with the
> math. I am not sure if Nick's spin example  > > is a good analogy with what
> Haisch & Moddel propose. I think  > > Bernie's point is that the work needed
> to overcome the ZPF energy  > > barrier in the two different vacuum phases
> inside and outside the  > > cavity is for the center of mass of the atom. In
> contrast the  > > energy gain they are talking about is in the internal
> electron  > >
; orbital shift and that the two degrees of freedom are essentially  > >
decoupled. In order for their scheme to work however, you and David  > > make a
valid point that the alleged internal orbital zpf energy  > > shift  gain must
be larger than the work done on the CM degree of  > > freedom it getting the
atoms back out of the cavity in their  > > circulating "heat exchange! r" sort
of design. Off hand, I see no  > > fundamental reason for assuming that the CM
work and the orbital  > > electron shift must add to zero always. But I have
not thought very  > > deeply about this.> >> >> > Begin forwarded message:> >>
>> From: nick herbert <qua...@...>> >> Date: March 3, 2010 12:24:05 PM PST> >>
To: JACK SARFATTI <sarfa...@...>> >> Cc: Sarfatti_Physics_Seminars  > >>
<sarfatti_physics_semin...@yahoogroups.com>,  > >>
"sarfattisciencesemin...@yahoogroups. com"  > >>
<sarfattisciencesemin...@yahoogroups.com>> >> Subject: [Starfleet Command] Re:
Basic Flaw in Haisch-Moddell  > >> Patent ZPF Vacuum Energy Generator?> >>
on. A nice concise refutation of the Haisch- > >> Moddell ZPF Proposal.> >>>
Send a properly spin oriented beam of excited atoms into a uniform  > >>
magnetic field such that the Zeeman splitting> >> puts the atoms in a slightly
lower energy state. Mechanism is the  > >> same. So is the flaw. Any energy you
get from !> >> increased photon energy due to Zeeman splitting you will lose by
 > >> the work done extracting the atoms from the magnetic field.> >>> >> Nick
Herbert> >>> >>> >> On Mar 2, 2010, at 11:09 AM, JACK SARFATTI wrote:> >>> >>>
Force ~ negative spatial gradient of the potential energy> >>>> >>> On Mar 2,
2010, at 10:52 AM, David S wrote:> >>>> >>>> Here is the fallacy with the
Haisch patent, I believe : Since  > >
>>> the atoms of the gas are in a lower energy state within the  > >>>> Casimir
>>> cavity, they are, in effect, in an energy well. Hence,  > >>>> they will
>>> experience a net force causing them to remain in the  > >>>> cavity. The
>>> energy required to remove them from the cavity will  > >>>> be exactly
>>> balanced by the net gain from the ambient ZPF. Of  > >>>> course ,
>>> additional frictional losses will lead to a net  > >>>> negative gain in
>>> energy rendering the invention useless a! s a  > >>>> free energy source.>
>>> wrote:> >> >> A thought experiment clarifying the Haisch-Moddel patent  >
>>> Lyman-alpha radiation  > >> at 121.5 nm which excites the electron into the
>>> n=2 level. Now let  > >> some of the gas enter a pipe which blocks the
>>> radiation. The  > >> hydrogen electron will drop back to the ! ground
>>> state, n=1. We  > >> can certainly capture the emitted radiation in the pipe
. On  > >> exiting the pipe the hydrogen is again exposed to Lyman-alpha  > >>
radiation and the electron is excited into the n=2 level again.> >>> >> The
process is easily done but not useful because we are simply  > >> capturing
some of the energy we put there in creating the Lyman- > >> alpha radiation.
However this clearly shows that there is no  > >> correlation between the
electron energy levels and any kind of  > >> potential energy relevant to
motion into and out of the pipe. The  > >> excitation and de-excitation do not
produce any forces pulling the
> >> hydrogen into or out of the pipe. They are independent processes.> >>> >>
> >> Substitute zero-point radiation for Lyman-alpha and a Casimir  > >> cavity
> >> for the pipe and assume that because of the Casimir  > >> suppression of
> >> zero-point radiation there is a temporary reduction  > >> in the ground
> >> state of the atomic electron (as shown by Puthoff  > >> and by Cole) while
> >> in the cavity and you have the proposed pate!  > >> nt. (Note that this
> >> does not produced any so-called stable  > >> hydrinos.)& nbsp;> >>> >>
> >> Bernard Haisch> >> -- > >>
> >> 94065> >> -------------------> >> phone: 650-593-8581, fax: 650-595-4466>