Stephen A. Lawrence wrote:

He's acting more like he's invented a nifty new kind of windshield
washing fluid which can be produced in 100 gallon lots in a small
factory, rather than like he's invented something which could
revolutionize everything and which will necessarily be mass produced in
every country on Earth if the potential demand is to be met.

EXACTLY.

He's also spouting total nonsense when he talks  about not producing
them for military uses.  If the thing's real, it will be applied to
military uses, whether or not Rossi wants to sell to the military.

Again, spot on. As far as I know it would be against trade laws not to sell to the military. It is against the law to refuse to sell to any lawful customer. Anti-trust and anti-discrimination trade laws say you cannot pick and choose your customers. If their money is green and they are in line, you have sell at the same price, terms and conditions anyone else gets. That is one of the reasons technology is readily reverse-engineered. Competing companies put in an order to buy the new model gadget, and you cannot refuse them. I recall that in the old days, telephone equipment companies would drag out delivery of orders placed by competitors, until a court slapped one of them.