On 2011-03-29 15:56, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Steve Krivit's Rossi Portal has two new items. A short article and audio
interview from a radio station:

http://radio.rcdc.it/archives/energia-ad-ottobre-parte-la-prima-centrale-a-fusione-fredda-73932/

And a transcript from that broadcast audio track:

http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/03/per-me-conta-solo-ed-esclusivamente-il.html

I do not know if this is a complete transcript. I do not understand
parts of it because of the limitations of Google translate. (I must say
though, Google translate has made vital contributions to the progress of
cold fusion lately.)

Hi,

This is my translation of the italian transcript (which appears to be completed - I listened to the audio interview) posted on Passerini's 22passi blog. Since I'm a bit in hurry I haven't checked it for errors, so you are free to perform corrections as fit. Enjoy!

*********************

After the test at Bologna - which has been the last test performed on a laboratory module - we started the production of the industrial plant, which is a thermal 1 Megawatt power plant, that will be inaugurated at around end October 2011, so at the moment we are completely focused on this. Therefore our next step will the the presentation of a 1 MW industrial plant working at one of our clients.

The prototype you showed here in Bologna seemed like - how could we say - it could have been suitable for home use. Why have you decided instead to start with a plant of bigger dimensions?

Well, it's a matter of authorizations. To serve industrial clients, the module demonstrated at Bologna is too small, in other words it has a too small energy production; however since the 1 MW plant is nothing but a collection of several 10 kW modules, it's easy to reach industrial-level energy needs. Now, to obtain authorizations to install and operate an industrial-type plant is much easier than doing the same for a home-use plant, because in a factory a plant has to be operated and controlled by professionals - therefore laws expect that a there is a skilled and expert person responsible for the plant, and this is true for every kind of industrial plant - while at a consumer level the authorization/certification process is much longer and complex, because when a home use plant is sold, it's expected that it's sold to people who don't have the expertise and aren't absolutely suppoed to know all the technical instructions, etc., and this is the reason.

Very clear. Among other things we've read in an interview from a swedish magazine - a chat interview - that you are also ready to work with Sweden, with swedish businessmen.

Yes.

So, we were wondering why not in Italy. Why not at Bologna, the city where among other things you showed your invention.

Yes, look - among other things, with the University of Bologna we also made a research and development agreement - we don't have anything against Italy - I am italian by the way - but it's clear that I have to go where there specific interest.

So, regarding this, given the nature objectively revolutionary of the prototype demonstrated, a pair of things have come into our minds. There's not much discussion about it even though you publicly showed it; or better, there's quite some discussion - a bit on the internet - but not that much, in journalistic terms we can say that the debate at the moment is confined to a very small circle.

True.

...what do you think about this? Don't people believe you? Do they think that - let me put double quotes to the words - you are a "charlatan" ? Is this the reason why there's not much discussion about it?

No, I don't think so. My opinion is that this is an extremely new technology and therefore, once a very experimental university-level demonstration has been made, a practical industrial application is necessary before there can be a more widespread, specific interest about it. So this is why at the moment we are exclusively focused on the development of our first industrial plant.

You effectively said that your road is that of commercial plants because that way you can have better control. What are the risks of your technology? Current news tell us of risks due to classic power plants [nuclear fission]; alarming news are coming from Japan, and same from Germany (Merkel said "stop" to two plants)... in short, in addition to an exit strategy from oil economy, there are talks from an exit strategy from "old style" nuclear technology. What kind of problems could your technology show?

The fundamental thing is that we don't use radioactive materials and that we don't have as a result of our operativity radioactive waste from the reactor. There aren't emissions of any kind and by the environmental point of view this technology doesn't cause problems of any kind.

Engineer, do you feel a bit like a 21st century Marconi at the moment?

Not at all, see: at the moment I only feel like a person woking like crazy - 16 hours a day - in order successfully deliver in time on October the plant in Athens, and this is the only thing I feel like. To me, only the results of my work count, the rest is only...

What big implications do you think there could be in the future - taking into account the possible developments to this kind of technology in years from now - regarding the world energy production?

This is a question very hard to answer, because if out plant in October works correctly, then the potential for further improvements will be exponential. It's clear that if we're working with commitment on it - almost with agony - it's because we realize that it's something that could also be very useful.

Cheers,
S.A.